The Winston Salem Forsyth County Asset Building Coalition was selected as a finalist in the Truliant Community Grant program. Finalists are featured on the Truliant website for voting by the general public. The WSFC ABC was selected for their Winston Salem ABC Saves campaign, 1000 for a 1000, encouraging residents of Winston Salem and Forsyth County to save $1000.
The voting site can be found at
The Truliant Community Mini Grant program provides funds up to $1,000 for operating, programming or capacity-building expenses for non-profit organizations.
Organizations must provide services or programs in the following geographic areas:
- Piedmont Triad, North Carolina – including counties of Alamance, Forsyth, Guilford and Randolph
- Charlotte Metro, North Carolina – including counties of Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston and Mecklenburg
- Wytheville, Virginia – including Wythe and Bland counties
- Radford, Virginia – including Pulaski county
- Richmond, Virginia – including Henrico and Montgomery counties
- Greenville, South Carolina.
For 2017, Truliant is offering grants to nonprofits whose programs improve lives in the areas of:
- Arts and Culture
- Employment and Income Generation
- Financial Education
- Food Insecurity
Applications will be reviewed in July and finalists will be selected. Beginning in August, finalists will be featured on social media using a crowd sourcing app. This will let Truliant members and potential members vote and help select the winners. Winners will be announced in September.